Our papers were approved by the customs inspector and we are now on to inspection of our stuff. Our agent called and said that everything is going along smoothly. I even got my passport back from the agent.
Now to wait for the news as to what we have to pay in tax/duty and when our stuff will be delivered. to be continued...
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Hello! Click Here to Say Something!:
The authorities took your passport? Didn't you feel like a displaced person while it wasn't in your custody?
Hope everything you packed comes out all right.
I didn't want to give my Passport, but the agent said that a copy was not good enough. The process would have stopped and our stuff would be held up at the port. Not mention the extra cost. Our agent said that they would only need it for a few days. I had the pick up person sign a receipt that they had my Passport. It came back as they said it would. Should know something today about duties and when we will take delivery of our stuff.
Scary crap, that! I admire your courage, but am glad you made him give you a receipt. I wonder what the US gov't would say about such a practice? My Canadian passport, though it's in my custody, clearly states it is the "property of the Government of Canada" which I suppose means they can snatch it back if I tick the gov't. off somehow.
Post a Comment