Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pissed!

OK. Now I'm pissed. Remember the story about waiting for another customer to come along who would use her Ripley department store card so I could get the 2 for 1 deal on my sheets? Well, these tarjeta (card) deals are rampant here. Every store has special deals that can only be had if one has their card. So yesterday at the check out stand at Sodimac (think huge upscale Home Depot) they are offering Trapiche wines from Argentina for S./9.90. I pick up two of them and add to my purchases. I am asked for my Sodimac card. I don't have one, I am paying cash, I say. You can only have the wine if you have the card, I am told. I leave the store pissed, deciding that I will return another day to apply for a card. I will have to get cards from every store because I am missing a lot of really great deals. But I think, in most stores anyhow, it is necessary to be a resident to get the tarjeta. Not sure. Will ask. Rant over. My new bedroom blinds are beautiful. So is my dish drain rack and my bamboo cutting board. The cafe y postre was good, too. It was a good day.

0 Hello! Click Here to Say Something!: