Laurie is trying to shake the lasts of the flu. So I thought I would try to keep things going on our blog. Our second month of Spanish lessons has started. Our class has the same teacher that Laurie had last month even though it's not the same level as Laurie had. Well it's to my benefit, as this teacher is very good.
I found out that the Clinica we signed up with has an unusual thing, Sunday is their Monday. Can you figure out the meaning? Well while your thinking about this riddle I will be getting ready to go to the Clinica "Good Hope" to pay our monthly dues today. (hint: Sunday/Monday) I finished another painting which I posted on facebook.
Have to do my homework for class on Monday. It's been many years since having to do homework :-(. I wonder if, when I'm long gone, my DNA was taken and they cloned me, would I come out knowing two languages, Spanish and English? Not to mention all the other stuff I had to learn. Wouldn't that be great for a second time around!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Hello! Click Here to Say Something!:
Laurie, I hope the remainder of the flu flies away quickly. I came back from Florida with a cough, which has been slowly (very slowly) going away. Almost gone now, after two weeks. Probably the wet and cold weather here hasn't helped.
Maybe you need another margarita, with its healthy lime juice!
On the Clinica--they do their laundry on Sunday, instead of Monday? Or is it they are open Sunday, but closed Monday?
No on both answers. It is run by the Seventh Day Adventist Church, and Saturday is their Sabbath. Went there today,(Sunday) and the place was packed with people and I was able to pay our monthly dues. The clinic is open seven days, for emergencies, but no money changes hands on Sat.
But you knew that.
No, I didn't know Adventists didn't accept money on Saturdays. I once stayed at an Adventist hospital in Washington, DC. My graduate school classmate and I were in Washington interviewing for jobs. His wife was a nurse who had worked at that hospital, so she arranged to have us stay there. They had sort-of guest rooms for visitors. I remember I had to smoke only in the bathroom. And the cafeteria didn't have any meat.
Post a Comment